Ep. 182 MongoDB Atlas & Vector Search: A Paradigm Shift for Developers
This is a podcast episode titled, Ep. 182 MongoDB Atlas & Vector Search: A Paradigm Shift for Developers. The summary for this episode is: <p>In this exciting episode of the MongoDB Podcast, host Michael Lynn shares essential background information about an incredible new innovation in the MongoDB Atlas Platform: Vector Search and how's enabling Game-changing capabilities for developers looking to leverage Artificial Intelligence. Tune in to hear about the future of MongoDB, the launch of Vector Search, and how MongoDB is evolving into a "build anything" platform for operational data. Whether you're a developer, data enthusiast, or just curious about the latest in tech, this episode is a must-listen.</p>
- [00:00] Introduction to the episode and guest, Andrew
- [02:30] Discussing the rapid advancements of the MongoDB Atlas platform
- [05:45] The concept and power of Vector SearchA deep dive into how Vector Search is revolutionizing e-commerce and semantic search
- [16:12] MongoDB's focus on operational data vs analytical data
- [20:00] Future of MongoDBHow generative AI is influencing the MongoDB ecosystem
- [26:37] What's next for MongoDB and the Atlas platform?
- [29:47] New release: General availability of the relational migrator capability
- [30:46] Wrap-up and thank you
- The MongoDB Atlas platform is rapidly evolving to add new classes of workloads and indexes.
- Vector Search opens up new opportunities for advanced semantic search, notably in e-commerce.
- MongoDB aims to be a "build anything" platform, with a focus on operational data.
- The future looks bright, with innovations influenced by generative AI and other emerging technologies.
Links and Resources
- Learn about MongoDB Vector Search: https://mdb.link/vector-search
|Lead, Developer Advocacy
|Principal Developer Advocate
|SVP, Products - MongoDB
|Director, Product Management - MongoDB